Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Like Deja Vu All Over Again

"I tell you that anyone who looks on a woman with lust has in his heart already committed adultery. I've looked on a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times...." Jimmy Carter 1976


June 29th 2009

Janine Driver, a Washington, D.C.-based body language and deception detection expert, believes he [Mark Sanford] lied when a reporter asked if this was the first time he had been unfaithful.

"He answers the question before it's been asked," said Driver, who spent 15 years with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. "Then what does he do? He drops both his eyes and turns his head AWAY? ... That's what's called the cold shoulder. Because we face the core of our body toward people who usually address us."

Sanford told his friend "Cubby" Culbertson he had never strayed before, and he [Culbertson] "absolutely" believes him.

"Some guys are wired such that violating God's design in this area, of women, is a real challenge to them," Culbertson said. "That's not in his DNA. That's why it's such a surprise."

June 30th

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford's recent affair wasn't the only time he strayed from his wife, Sanford revealed in an interview with the Associated Press. But, he says, he didn't have sex with the other women, who he met while on trips abroad.

"There were a handful of instances wherein I crossed the lines I shouldn't have crossed as a married man, but never crossed the ultimate line .... What I would say is that I've never had sex with another woman. Have I done stupid [things]? I have. You know you meet someone. You dance with them. You go to a place where you probably shouldn't have gone," Sanford said.

For some reason this all sounds just way too familiar, like deju vu all over again.

January 26, 1998

"But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky." Bill Clinton said.


Source:

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2009/06/30/sanford_line/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31634044/ns/politics-more_politics/

No comments: