Friday, March 5, 2010

Acknowledgement of God - Part II

Yea, I'm a worrywart when it comes to group think. Blame it on my education at a Liberal University up in the Red Woods, but really, my eyes were open by my Sociology Professor, Dr. Samuel Oliner more than 30 years ago. Dr. Oliner was a Holocaust survivor and we spent a semester looking at what happened, why, and especially why some people went out of their way to help him and others Jews even though the penalty for doing so was sometimes death.

It is because it happened then, has happened before, and has happened after, that I worry. It's also the reason I write this blog that no one reads, so that there is a record that some people saw it building even before it happened.

Now I have no idea what will come from all this new found orthodoxy. It's different then when we wanted to elect Perot, this group, the tea party types, are scary. Like I said in my last post, orthodoxy feeds on more orthodoxy, so when Texas Republican's find the need to vote on "Acknowledgement of God" in the Primary and pass it by 95% I kind of get a bit uneasy about where this could - could mind you - go if not kept in check.

Why the concern?

March 4, 2010 -
The Eagle Letter to the Editor

I was joyful when I read the voting results for Proposition 4 on the Republican ballot: "Acknowledgment of God." Here in the Brazos Valley, 92 percent of the voters said yes. Statewide, a huge 95 percent proudly voted yes.

This proves to a lot of folks that we are, indeed, a Christian nation. Those who come here from other religions had best not attempt their terrorist acts or tactics to undermine our nation. We deal with those types in our courts by God-believing judges.

For those who do not believe in God, we have love and concern for you. Perhaps we believers can lead you into the light of truth by sharing why we know God is real.

Thank all who came forwarded and publicly declared we believe in the Almighty, creator of life on this world.

MILTON PACK

Bryan


What? Me Worry?.....yea....yea...I do.

No comments: